My own burbling babies are definitely the main inspiration and muse for Burble Baby! In fact, you could say that it started with a Burble!
I vividly remember taking a stroll around my local beauty spot with baby no. 3 strapped to my front. We paused by a burbling brook for a moment and my little baby burbled too. Such a beautiful harmonious sound! It’s there that the name Burble Baby came to me, and it was also the defining moment where I decided I would do whatever it takes to forge a flexible career around the needs of my children! I wasn’t leaving this beautiful burbling brook or baby in a hurry!
Uninspired by corporate life and dreading returning to a world where billy business boys ruled and decisions were made in smoked filled rooms, I was desperate not to return to my previous role.
So, after the ‘epiphany’, the ideas behind Burble Baby began to crystallise when baby number 3 and I took a trip to the Manchester Baby & Toddler Show. Spurred on by lots of new businesses operated by women marketing their products to mummies and daddies in a way that meets their needs, Burble Baby began to take shape.
My research told me that when it came to buying gifts for new mums, babies and expectant parents, most people wanted to buy quality products that were thoughtful, special and different from what can be bought on the high street. They wanted the gift to be a symbol of their love for the new parents and baby.
At Burble Baby we’ve therefore carefully selected brands and products for our on-line boutique with our own, and your, burbling babies in mind. From organic to best of British, to those brands that are truly, simply, ‘WOW! Gorgeous!’ we just know you’ll be delighted by our range! You’ll love our vintage inspired hampers too, they’re our speciality, and the crème de la crème of baby hampers!
Indeed, Burble Baby is all about beautifully presented and thoughtful gifts that give delight to the recipient, as well as to the person giving them, we LOVE making people happy! We aim to make the whole gift buying experience a pleasure, whether it be browsing our eclectic range, the easy peasy ordering and gorgeous gift wrap, or the speedy and tracked delivery for convenience and peace of mind.
With such a unique collection, Burble Baby is sure to have a gift or hamper to suit the new mum or baby you are buying for, not only that, we’re sure they will be dazzled!
Looking for some gift inspiration for a new born? Here are our top 5 tips for buying the perfect gift:
1. Listen carefully to mum to be and you’ll know what baby items she has already or those she really, really wants! Be quick and you could even ‘reserve’ a gift she wants off her list – why not ask her to complete a wish list so at least you can choose a gift she really would like or needs, and there’s still the element of surprise too.
2. Tailor your gift to mum-to-be’s tastes. If she hates pink, teddy bears and lotions and potions, it’s probably wise to avoid those type of gifts! Thoughtful gifts are those that have been tailored to the recipient’s tastes. Think about what mum to be likes in everyday life and you can’t go wrong in choosing a baby gift.
3. If in doubt, buy a practical gift! If you’re really stuck for ideas, choose a gift around the themes of sleeping, eating and bathing – babies do lots of these things! Remember, practical doesn’t have to be boring, it can also be pretty too!
4. Spoil mum! She surely deserves a treat after all her hard work and will really appreciate a pick me up. Spoil her with little treats she can use to take some rest or time out as the weeks progress, or totally indulge her with meaningful keepsakes and opulent jewels!
5. Stick to your budget. Maximise your buying power by clubbing together with friends or colleagues, or simply stick to the budget you had in mind.
Thoughtful and unique gifts don’t have to have cost a million pounds, it’s the sentiment behind them that counts!
Thanks for reading! Please enjoy 20% discount at www.burblebaby.co.uk with the code MUM15 to find the perfect gift for the burbling baby in your life (valid until 31st August 2015).
At Burble Baby we’re proud to have forged links with other mumpreneurs who have also been brave enough to start out on their own. Lots of these clever ladies supply us with our beautiful products, others work with us on joint promotions, guest blogs and competitions to drive awareness of our businesses for mutual benefit. If you’re a baby related business and would like to work with Burble Baby in the future, please get in touch at [email protected] we’d love to hear from you.
Mum to be gifts https://www.burblebaby.co.uk/Occasions/Mum-to-Be.htm
Baby Shower Gifts https://www.burblebaby.co.uk/Occasions/Baby-Shower.htm
New arrival gifts https://www.burblebaby.co.uk/Occasions/New-Arrival.htm